When faced with a loss, many confront the question with regards to funeral planning, “where do I start?” Typically the first decision to be made is that of burial vs cremation followed by the choice of a traditional funeral or a memorial service. Also consider creating a list of who will be in attendance. These details will be especially useful for the initial meeting with the funeral home.
It can be rather confusing, stressful, and overwhelming to plan a funeral. However, Davis-Babcock offers helpful funeral planning services for Willoughby, Euclid, and Mentor, OH families. Below is an overview of the funeral checklist that our staff walks families through.
1. Final Disposition Options – At Davis-Babcock we explain all the final disposition options in detail to help you make this important decision.
2. The Type of Ceremony – If you want a ceremony, we plan and arrange the type of ceremony of your desire. We can arrange various types of ceremonies from very traditional ceremonies to more personalized celebration of life ceremonies.
3. Information Gathering – It is vital that all the necessary information is gathered from you and your family.
4. Selecting Memorial Items – We offer a variety of memorial items that help commemorate your loved one’s life including caskets, urns, flowers, and memorial DVDs.
5. The Logistics – We plan and ensure all the details of the funeral run smoothly such as the valet pick up for the family and the transportation of the remains.
6. Financial Options – The cost of a funeral can be daunting but we will help budget it as best as possible and we walk you through all of our financing options.
7. Settle & Finalize the Arrangements – We will create a permanent file once you are fully satisfied with all your selections and choices. A file is especially critical for those who decide to pre-plan well in advance of their death.
Our funeral planning guide also consists of the resources below which includes advice on planning for a cremation service and a celebration of life. We are committed to offering our expert funeral planning services to all Willoughby, Euclid, and Mentor, OH families so that confusion and stress is eased from the very start.
Preparing For a Funeral Service
What is involved in preparing for a funeral service? The specific details largely depend on whether you are a member of the immediate or extended family, or simply a guest. Learn more about preparing for a funeral in this section of our website.
How to Plan a Cremation Service
Choosing cremation doesn't mean there can't be a remembrance service. Learn how to plan for the memorialization of a loved one through ceremony and remembrance.
How to Plan-a-Celebration of Life
Because it's an opportunity to showcase someone's unique life story and achievements, today's celebration-of-life is a deeply personal event. If you think such an event is the right choice for your situation, here's what should know about planning celebrations-of-life.
Funeral Service Trends
Today's families can choose from a wide variety of funeral services ranging from the traditional to a more personalized celebration-of-life. In this section, we invite you to learn more about the change in funeral service trends.